Achieving Gorgeous Smiles with Dental Veneers
Thanks to advances in science and technology, various methods are now available to achieve a beautiful smile, with dental veneers being one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments. According to a dentist working at a top dental clinic for dental veneers, this treatment can provide many benefits, such as closing gaps between teeth, partial teeth alignment, and changing the color of teeth. However, it’s important to note that these benefits can only be achieved if a skilled dentist performs the treatment and the patient follows their recommendations while maintaining proper oral hygiene. Specialists offering dental veneers in Vancouver point out that by doing so, individuals can enjoy beautiful and bright teeth for an extended period. It’s essential to familiarize yourself with various restorative and aesthetic dental methods and consult a specialist dentist to determine the best treatment option for your dental concerns. In the following sections, we will provide you with dental veneers’ top advantages and possible disadvantages.
Necessary Considerations Before Getting Dental Veneers
Before getting dental veneers, there are several factors to consider, including:
– Multiple dental appointments: It may take several visits to the dentist to discuss different aspects and determine which type of veneer is appropriate for your teeth. It’s important to understand that getting dental veneers is not a one-time procedure.
– Temporary veneers: Your dentist may recommend temporary veneers before the permanent ones are installed. This allows you to get used to your new smile and experience what it feels like to have veneers.
– The number of teeth to be treated: Only the front teeth visible when you smile should be considered for dental veneers. Molars and premolars are not visible, so they do not need veneers.
– Bonding sensitivity: Bonding sensitivity is a common reaction that may occur between your teeth and the bonding agent used during the procedure. It usually lasts for about six hours.
– Gum pain: Before installing dental veneers, your gums may require some healing time, and reshaping your teeth may cause pain. Painkillers such as ibuprofen may be recommended to manage the discomfort.
– Cost: Dental veneers are considered a costly dental procedure since they are made by hand before being sent to the ceramist for replication.
Top Tips about Various Types of Veneers
There are several types of dental veneers available to choose from based on your individual needs, including:
– Ceramic veneers: This option is affordable but may stain more easily than other veneers.
– Porcelain veneers: Despite being more expensive, this is the most common and popular type of veneer. Porcelain veneers are highly durable and resistant to staining.
– Composite veneers: While not as durable as porcelain veneers, composite veneers are still beneficial and affordable.
Veneers Vs. Implants
The main difference between veneers and implants is that implants replace missing teeth, while veneers cover and enhance the appearance of natural teeth. Implants are made of titanium and are fixed onto the teeth to act and look like real teeth. In contrast, veneers do not involve teeth extraction; instead, they use natural teeth as a base for covering them and improving their appearance. In other words, implants are false teeth, while veneers are a cosmetic enhancement for natural teeth.